10. Go swimming- it gets hot in Houston. Take some time and enjoy the water with friends.
9. Take a class. There are free classes offered at your local libraries, the YMCA, Jo-Ann's craft store, Leisure Learning and Michael's.
8. Send someone a hand-written card. This is a treasure. We don't get hand-written notes very often anymore so receiving one is always a pleasure!
7. Eat ice cream. Just because you can! My favorite is mint chocolate chip.
6. Listen to a story or author talk. Our local book store has author talks all summer! I'll be at Jen Mathieu's Devoted book release on 6/13/15. Come join me!
5. Visit the Houston Zoo and check out the new gorilla exhibit. I know it's amazing because my sweet sister pushed me in a wheelchair all around the Zoo!
4. Read a book that has been on your to read list for a while. Enjoy it!
3. Exchange a book you enjoyed with a friend and then meet for ice-cream to talk about it. Win win!
2. Find a Little Free Library and take a book home. Then revisit and donate one of your own books.
1. Tell someone you love them and that they are important to you! That's what matters most.